Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Sunday, August 23
    The Screen Daily
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp Instagram
    • Home
    • News
    • TV Shows
      • TV Reviews
    • Film Updates
      • Movie Reviews
    • Horror
    • Release Dates
    • Trailers
    • Celebrity News
      • Net Worth
    • Entertainment News
    The Screen Daily
    Home»Entertainment News»Tomi Adeyemi Says She Won’t Watch the Film Version of ‘Children of Blood and Bone’
    Tomi Adeyemi

    Tomi Adeyemi Says She Won’t Watch the Film Version of ‘Children of Blood and Bone’

    Hanry DawsonBy Hanry DawsonJuly 5, 2026 • 2 months agoUpdated:August 6, 2026 • 2 weeks ago Entertainment News
    The author is stepping away from the upcoming adaptation despite her involvement in the project

    Tomi Adeyemi has made it clear that she has no plans to watch the movie adaptation of her bestselling novel Children of Blood and Bone. In a series of posts shared over the weekend, the author addressed fans directly and explained her silence around the film.

    Her comments come as a surprise to many readers, especially since she co-wrote the screenplay and is credited as an executive producer on the project.

    Why Adeyemi Has Stayed Quiet About the Film

    For months, fans noticed that Adeyemi had stopped posting or speaking publicly about the adaptation. Over the weekend, she finally explained why.

    In messages shared on TikTok and Instagram, she wrote that there’s a reason she hasn’t been promoting the film. She later added that she hasn’t seen the finished movie and doesn’t intend to watch it. She described holding back her feelings as painful and apologized to fans who may have felt she didn’t care about the story.

    According to The Hollywood Reporter, Adeyemi said she is now “officially separating” her name from the project.

    The Film Adaptation and Her Involvement

    Children of Blood and Bone book cover by Tomi Adeyemi. Source: Official book artwork

    The Children of Blood and Bone movie is directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood and is set to release on January 15, 2027, through Paramount Pictures. Adeyemi was deeply involved in the early stages — she co-wrote the script alongside the director and served as an executive producer.

    Despite this involvement, her recent statements suggest that things didn’t go as smoothly as fans might have assumed. She has chosen to distance herself from the film publicly, even though her name remains attached to it.

    ScreenRant reported that her decision marks a clear shift in how she now views the adaptation.

    What She Told Fans

    In her posts, Adeyemi didn’t go into full detail about what happened behind the scenes. However, she did say that staying silent had been difficult and that she had been dealing with ongoing issues related to the project.

    She also told fans that if they want to support her, they should buy her books from independent bookstores rather than focusing on the movie. She ended one of her messages by saying she will always care about the story and the people it represents, but she can no longer keep being hurt by the situation.

    According to TheGrio, her comments have left many readers feeling conflicted about the upcoming film.

    Fan Reactions So Far

    The announcement has sparked widespread reactions online. Some fans are supporting Adeyemi’s decision to step back and protect herself, while others are disappointed and worried about what this means for the movie.

    There’s also been speculation about possible creative differences or conflicts during production, though Adeyemi hasn’t shared specific details. Dark Horizons described her statements as one of the strongest signs yet of tension surrounding the long-delayed adaptation.

    What This Means for the Movie

    With the film still around six months away from release, Adeyemi’s decision to publicly distance herself is significant. She remains credited on the project, but her withdrawal from promotion could affect how the movie is received by fans of the original books.

    It’s still unclear whether she will change her mind closer to the release date or maintain her current stance. For now, she appears focused on moving forward with her books rather than the film adaptation.

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter) Follow on WhatsApp
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Copy Link
    Previous ArticleHaymitch’s Origin Story Begins: First Look at Joseph Zada as Young Haymitch
    Next Article Marvel Announces New Spider-Man Tabletop RPG Coming in September
    Avatar photo
    Hanry Dawson
    • Website

    Henry Dawson is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of TheScreenDaily, a digital entertainment news platform covering movies, TV shows, streaming releases, celebrity news, trailers, reviews, box office updates, and pop culture. He leads the site's editorial strategy, ensuring timely, accurate, and engaging coverage of Hollywood, Netflix, Disney, Marvel, DC, and the latest trends in the entertainment industry.

    Trending on The Screen Daily

    Chris Pratt Officially Returns in ‘The Terminal List’ Season 2 on Prime Video

    August 17, 2026 • 6 days ago

    ‘The End of Oak Street’ Star Ewan McGregor Officially Details the Movie’s Alternate, Darker Finale

    August 17, 2026 • 6 days ago

    ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ Art Officially Reveals Decades-Long X-Men Reunion and Thor Multiverse Crossover

    August 17, 2026 • 6 days ago

    “Only Murders in the Building” Officially Renewed for Season 6, Confirms Major Tradition Break

    August 15, 2026 • 1 week ago

    Marvel Officially Drops ‘VisionQuest’ Trailer: James Spader and Paul Bettany Reunite for ‘WandaVision’ Trilogy Finale

    August 15, 2026 • 1 week ago

    “Frozen 3” Officially Set for November 2027 Release Following Major D23 Presentation

    August 15, 2026 • 1 week ago
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss
    Film Updates

    Chris Pratt Officially Returns in ‘The Terminal List’ Season 2 on Prime Video

    By Hanry DawsonAugust 17, 2026 • 6 days ago

    Chris Pratt is officially heading back into the field as Navy SEAL James Reece, with…

    ‘The End of Oak Street’ Star Ewan McGregor Officially Details the Movie’s Alternate, Darker Finale

    August 17, 2026 • 6 days ago

    ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ Art Officially Reveals Decades-Long X-Men Reunion and Thor Multiverse Crossover

    August 17, 2026 • 6 days ago

    “Only Murders in the Building” Officially Renewed for Season 6, Confirms Major Tradition Break

    August 15, 2026 • 1 week ago

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest updates from TheScreenDaily straight to your inbox.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp Instagram
    • Advertise With Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 The Screen Daily. All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.